- Islamic clothing for hot days (up to 95 F) and cool nights (down to 50 F)
- Islamic swimwear:
- Loose (brothers and sisters)
- Leg coverage to include the knees (brothers and sisters)
- Tee shirt to cover the chest (sisters)
- Sisters: Two scarves and long sleeved shirt for prayer
- Athletic shoes (2 pair)
- You should bring two pairs of athletic shoes, one of which will get wet and/or muddy. Flip-flops and shoes without backs are not appropriate due to ground debris that can injure your feet and forest plants that can cause skin rashes.
- Glasses strap if you wear glasses
- At least 7 pairs of socks
- Very small flashlights are optional but not needed due to ample lighting at night
- Notebook and pens or pencils
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- Plastic bags for personal laundry (one or two 13 gallon size)
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Sheets for twin sized mattress, pillow, blanket (or sleeping bag), large bath towel
- Water bottle is required! Dehydration is common and this is the primary defense.
- Rain gear (raincoat or poncho)
- Money for the snack bar (max $20)
- Tee shirt or white clothing item for tie dying
- Optional: Camera that is NOT your cell phone (disposable, Polaroid, etc.)
- Any miscellaneous sports equipment you would like to bring along (but not fishing poles)
- Prescription medication: this must be in its labeled bottle or labeled package from the pharmacy with the camper’s name on the prescription label. They will be kept by the medical staff on-site and the camper will be prompted to take the medication at the prescribed interval.
Please label all of your clothing, shoes and belongings with your name.
For your luggage or bags, make sure it has your name attached to it. Whatever does not fit into luggage that is typical for airlines, put into sturdy bags (cloth or plastic) and make sure those have your name attached to it too. Do not tie your various bags together. They will usually get separated during the loading or unloading process anyway, even if it is tied together.
Do Not Bring
- Excessive luggage
- Jewelry and other valuables and large amounts of money
- Click here for other items NOT to bring
DO NOT BRING EXCESS FOOD THAT YOU CANNOT FINISH ON THE BUS BEFORE ARRIVING AT CAMP. ANY EXCESS WILL BE CONFISCATED AND DISCARDED UPON ARRIVAL AT CAMP.
TOBACCO PRODUCTS, ILLEGAL DRUGS, FIREWORKS, GUNS, KNIVES OR OTHER WEAPONS ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. ANYONE BRINGING THESE ITEMS WILL BE SENT HOME IMMEDIATELY.
VIDEO PLAYERS, MUSIC PLAYERS, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, RADIOS, BEEPERS, CELL PHONES WILL BE CONFISCATED AND RETURNED AT THE END OF THE CAMP.